Baby massage classes
A loving massage can be comforting and soothing for babies, almost from the moment they are born. Massage can be beneficial for both parents and babies.
The classes are held in Bude Children Centre but private classes can be arranged. They are suitable for babies from 6 weeks old to 6 months old. Oil and handouts are provided. Cost is £30 for a 5 weeks course.
Benefits for babies can include:
- Develops their first language, which is mainly touch
- Enhances their feeling of being loved, respected and secure
- Helps to strengthen and regulate their digestive, respiratory and circulatory systems
- Relieves symptoms of colic, gas and constipation
- Calmed nervous system leads to more restful sleep
Benefits that parents identify:
- Develops confidence when handling their baby
- Enhances loving communication, helping parents to understand and respond to their baby’s non-verbal language
- Provides ‘permission’ to relax together with their baby
- Increases awareness of baby’s growth and development